20 Mei, 2009




Today, 54 years ago




My dear mother, late father,
papa Deki and kids,



These photos may not be the best photos we have ever had. But they are the the best I like, among the others.

Photos help us keep the memories of important events, love, celebrations, happy as well as unhappy moments.

I just wanted to let you know today, the same day I was born 54 years ago, how much I have owed my mother and late father for the life you gave me. The day you found baby me as small as a beer bottle as the results of my premature birth.


I was born Lie Tho Nio
(Very Hokkien name!)
The name was given by my grandpa
from my father's side



I may not even have been born alive with the poor condition. But who knows, the Divine Power above and possibly the good karma I had accumulated in some previous lives in the past allowed me to try to cry, to feel the fresh air I tried to breathe, and to enjoy the warmth of my parents arms of love holding my so-tiny newborn body. It was May 20th 1955, and it was such an auspicious day for me. Having been born to my parents and the family I grew up with, I never lived in the dearth of love, care, and affection. My parents showed me their love in their own ways; they gave me things I would need before I asked from them; they comforted me with their soothing words when I was in pain; and despite all convenience, they made my life so complete with valuable warnings, advice and reminder they gave so I would stay on the path they had showed me. They did this fully for my own sake, for my own future.



Giving them a Silver Anniversary Surprise





Mother ---

Who suffered the most when I was born?
Who took care of my personal needs the most
when I went to school?
Who stayed at my side the whole night and day
when I fell ill and inconvenient?
Who taught me how to be a refined woman,
good wife, and good mother?
Who got my wedding well-prepared,
took my hand and showed me
what a marriage would be like?
Who has never stopped worrying about me
even now when I am 54 years of age?



not-so-clear but very precious picture to me!
They wanted nothing from me
but a happy daughter.
a happy wife,
a happy mother
and later.. a happy grandmother-to-be



When we were much younger.
Mother had always been
the first one I turned to,
to share things with.



Thank you, dear mother and father
for having made me what I am now.



Some people said, we were so blessed with a pair of children, boy and girl. That is actually what married couples want for children, I heard.
Thank you, papa, for the pair you gave me. I may not have been the best wife or mother, but for the last 27 years at least I have tried my best to be one.







We are getting old now. We cannot even hide the white strands of our hair, the "doubling" of our sizes, the wrinkles of our skin all over the body, and lately, our degrading memory system performance which seems to start troubling us.




But that doesn't change anything between us. It's not exaggerating if I say that the only change I feel is that I love you more than I did you in our first 20 years of marriage! You don't have to believe my words. Just see how I want to stay by your side more, to never stop sharing things with you, to take care of your meals, your clothes, everything... especially when you are not around like today, when you are somewhere else on duty. I want you to tell me to do something for you or you ask if you can help me do something for you.






Thank you, papa Deki. You have been with me for this long, and I still want to be with you and the kids, much much much longer. The years have been good to us, sure, with ups and downs. And as you are nearly 55 and that I am now 54, we will continue to love, support and take care of each other the way we have always done.

Thank you for being the responsible and caring father for our children regardless what they think of how your ways of teaching them should have been like.







Thank you, my dear kids. You have done your best to reach your goal, with pain and suffering.
Thank you for being the first persons I am always worrying about because that means you always allow me to love you. And know that LOVE is the only thing I can give you, and support you with.




I Love You ALL !!


2 komentar:

Grayscale mengatakan...

Thank you for sharing your happiness and fulfilling life with the world. It brings hope to those who read it.

Connie mengatakan...

I soon fell in love with your blog and all that I have seen and read there. Thank you for your kind comments.