20 Desember, 2008

Cousin Henny

Dearest Henny


We grew up together,
from the time we were toddlers
to young ladies who were trying
to be refined ones.

I enjoyed your company
either when I was happy or sad.
I enjoyed naughty things we did
which ignited our dear grandma's anger,
and affectionate grandpa's worries

In fact
we went through a lot of things
out of our silly and stupid ideas we carelessly made
like all young people do

I remember our different
habits and hobbies.
But that just made things between us
even funnier to laugh about!

We rejoiced for each other's successes
and kept supporting when the other found failures

We accepted good sides as well as bad sides
and we just enjoyed our togetherness

Then one day... you left
for a good man you chose to marry.

Soon I felt like something was missing
without you at the home we had stayed
but we knew
we would never get each other out of our minds
and that you would always have
my sincere support.


I took with me
all the precious moments and things
we had shared
so that when I was sitting alone
I would smile remembering them.

With you becoming a wife
and then a mother
(and thankfully a great grandmother now!)
time to be with you again
would not be the same anymore


We are growing old now
But things seem just perfect,

and I am more than happy to know
that as a matter of fact
we have never really left each other behind.


I rejoice for what you are now.
And I thank you for keeping
our friendship going

I love you


MERRY CHRISTMAS
and
HAPPY NEW YEAR


1 komentar:

Unknown mengatakan...

terima kasih utk foto2 keluarga eneng yang Tonie abadikan disini.
God bless you..........